2 comments
  1. Wow Becky that is *hard* - it is a testimony to how very difficult this is that you're willing to make such tough changes in order for things to improve.

    I'm impressed by your will-power, it must be incredibly difficult on the days you wish you could just be 'normal' and yet knowing that eating the wrong thing will have a nasty effect.

    You may be a sieve, but you're working hard to plug up those holes. Im praying. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I can relate to your posts so much. I've had CFS for almost 18 years now. I got the beginning of it when I was in college, recovered a bit, but then my health totally crumbled beneath me just 6 months after graduating college. I understand all too well what it is like being a young 20-something and too sick to even get out of bed. When all the people I knew who were my age were out "conquering the world" and enjoying all the energy that a young 20-something should have, I was struggling just to crawl to the bathroom. On Tues, I turn 40 and I still struggle with relapses some, but most of all, I get to enjoy a full life. I have a job that is flexible and understanding. I have a husband who helps me when I'm down and I even have a little 4 year old despite my fears of having a child with CFS. I want to spread hope to you to hang in there. Last year, I began to write about my journey with CFS. I'm still working on writing more. Here is my entry from last year. May it give you hope. God bless you, Becky! http://selah-myjourneywithcfs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete